.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pronunciation raps

Discovered a new resource that is a poetry and rhyme based approach to pronunciation and used one of the exercises at my student's graduation ceremony. It was a HUGE success.

The work we were doing was how to listen  to and understand fast, spoken Australian and linked expressions such as:
What are you doing - whatcha doin
Did you want to go out to dinner - didja wanna go ta dinner or even dja wanna
Where do you want to go - Where dja wanna go.

Listen and enjoy and beat out the rhythm
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxYwAo_OVGpedWI3NHQxb2VOaE0/view?usp=sharing

Chinatown

 Where dja wanna go       Whatcha wanna do
I’m not sure now       I’ll leave it ta you
Dja wanna go ta town       ta see a show
I don’t know now     but I’ll let you know
Can’t ya tell me right away
I’m not sure yet      do I have to say
Where dja wanna meet     won’t ya tell me where
Let’s just meet in Leicester square
Did ya tell the others       where we’re going ta meet
I said in the centre      didn’t say which street
Dja wanna have a meal or      dja like ta sit down
YA fancy a meal in Chinatown
Whacha recommend and      where dja like ta dine
Here’s very good       the fish is fine
How’s the fish cooked      with lots a spice
Just a bit a ginger     it’s really nice
Whatcha like ta drink      whenya eat chinese
Just a pot a tea       it’s sure ta please
How dja like the meat       dja like the fish
It was really great       what’s the name a the dish
I don’t know the name      it wasn’t written down

It’s often the way in Chinatown

Watch this space for more of these!!!!